- One of the best countries in Western Europe to invest in
- Corporation tax rate of 12.5% on active profits
- In the top 15 most innovative countries in the world
- One of the first in the world for inward investment by quality and value
- 1st for flexibility and adaptability of people
- One of the first in the world for investment incentives
- One of the highest in the world for quality of life
Ireland provides an excellent location for businesses looking to enter the EU market and also acts as a land bridge between the US and EU. Dublin is one hour by air to London and 90 minutes to Paris and Brussels.
Ireland in the only Eurozone country in which English is a principal language.
The political and legal system Ireland is a stable parliamentary democracy . Irish law is based on common law, legislation, the Irish Constitution and EU law. Ireland has a very similar legal system to the UK and the USA.
The currency of Ireland is the euro.
Irish Government policy has been and continues to be directed towards the creation of a stable economic environment that is supportive of the needs of business.
In recent years the introduction of an attractive holding company regime, the availability of improved credits for research and development expenditure and most recently the introduction of tax relief for the acquisition costs of IP and other intangibles, has greatly enhanced Ireland’s attractiveness from a tax perspective.